Monday, June 8, 2009

Boston Red Sox Hat Cake for the Groom

This is a Boston Red Sox Hat Cake designed for a wedding at Red Butte Gardens in Salt Lake City, Utah. The bride surprised her groom with this cake, and also had white baseball hats with the Red Sox "B" made for all of the wait staff. The cake is chocolate with chocolate fudge buttercream frosting and molded fondant, and took 24 hours to complete.

Yes, this can also be done as a New York Yankees cake (or any team for that matter). Cakes cannot be shipped, but I can be shipped to bake this for you, and would be happy to discuss arrangements if you're looking for a specialty cake.










8 comments:

  1. Great Detail. You have the best creative ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! I found this link from a msg you posted on CakeCentral as I was looking up how to make a baseball hat cake. I might try it for my grandma's 90th birthday coming up, she is a huge Tigers fan. If you have any tips or instructions, I would appreciate it! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the Boston cake! What tool did you use to get the holes on top of the hat?

    Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great! Loved your comment about shipping YOU (LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI, I love this cake...I am going to attempt to make one for my son's bday...Do you have instructions I could go by? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great hat cake. Love the little red sox on the back.

    ReplyDelete